Governors’ Written Statement of Behaviour Principles
At Maplewell we aim to:
- Develop each pupil’s potential to learn and to achieve;
- Promote all aspects of each pupil’s development, preparing them to make a positive contribution to society and to have an understanding of their rights and responsibilities as citizens; and
- Encourage pupils to become independent, responsible, accepting and caring people with respect for the beliefs and values of others.
We are committed to:
- Ensuring that all our pupils receive the support they need to be physically and emotionally healthy;
- Increasing pupils’ awareness and ability to keep themselves safe at school, at home, online and in the community;
- Working in ways that enhance pupils’ confidence, resilience and self-esteem by encouraging them to take pride in themselves and their school and to value others for who they are;
- Providing opportunities for our pupils to make responsible choices within clear boundaries, to understand the effect their behaviour has on others, enabling them to become responsible for their own actions and increasingly independent;
- Providing our pupils with the relevant opportunities and experiences which will prepare them for their adult and working life; and
- Ensuring that the needs of pupils with autism are sensitively and effectively met.