In celebration of World Book Day this Thursday (04/03/21), there will be the following happening (remotely and within school):
- During reading time, students can access the ‘World Book Day’ folder in the tutor time reading classroom. There will be a choice of pre-recorded videos showing different staff reading (not just English teachers) for students to watch. These include poems, chapters of books and short stories. Keep an eye of out for staff dressed up, and pets making an appearance!
- At the beginning of reading time (10:40), there will also be some ‘live’ reading links posted in the Reading Classroom for students to join and listen to if they wish.
- Students will receive a £1 World Book Day Token. Those at home will receive one digitally – this can be printed off and used a later date.
- Students (and staff) in school have the option to come to school dressed up as their favourite story book character.
- English lessons on Thursday will be based around World Book Day and Careers.