The online world is posing an ever-increasing risk to children and it is important that schools, parents and carers work together to take an active role in teaching children about online dangers and how to act safely when using the internet.
Children are able to access the Internet via an ever-increasing range of Internet enabled devices: Smart TVs; Games Consoles; Tablets; Smart Phones and Watches; Laptops and Computers.
As a result, they spend an ever-increasing amount of their time exposed to the risks of seeing inappropriate content; having inappropriate contact with other Internet users; and making themselves vulnerable through their own conduct.
National Online Safety e-learning hub
We have shown our commitment to protecting our pupils online by working with National Online Safety to deliver an interactive online workshop for all of our parents & carers.
- The course can be taken at your own convenience and covers:
- Information about online dangers and the newest platforms;
- What online risks to look out for and how to protect your child; and
- Interactive quizzes to check your understanding.
- Your child will be following a similar course, designed for young people, at school as part of the ICT curriculum.
- Please click on the button below to register your account.
You will need to complete your details and select, “I am a Parent/Carer” from the dropdown.
There is a vast range of resources online to help you to make sure that your child is safe online. Here are some that we think are useful: