Maplewell Hall School is now Autism Accredited by the National Autistic Society
Maplewell Hall School are delighted to announce that the school has received a prestigious award from the National Autistic Society (NAS), We are now Autism Accredited!!
Back in March, Maplewell was visited over a two-day period by representatives from the NAS who talked to staff, pupils and parents as well as sitting in on lessons.
Maplewell has now, subsequently, received Autism Accreditation status from the society, with the accreditors’ report outlining many key strengths, including:
- Extensive, extended day activities
- The work of the Compass team (pastoral and intervention team)
- Autism-trained staff;
- The effectiveness of the sensory rooms and access to sensory equipment
- Whole school colour schemes
- Detailed tracking systems for both academic and holistic success
- Visuals for pupils where needed, such as timers and visual timetables.
To read the accreditation letter please click HERE.
To read the full report, please click HERE.