The pupil premium is funding allocated to schools for the specific purpose of boosting the attainment of students registered as eligible for free school meals at any point in the last 6 years. For the academic year 2018/2019 these students will receive £935.
In addition, students from Forces families receive £300 in the academic year 2018/2019.
Schools will also receive £2,300 for any pupil:
- identified in the January 2018 school censusor the alternative provision census as having left local authority care as a result of:
- a special guardianship order
- a child arrangements order (previously known as a residence order)
- who has been in local authority care for 1 day or more
- recorded as both eligible for FSM in the last 6 years and as being looked after (or as having left local authority care)
At Maplewell we have applied the well-recognised research of The Education Endowment Foundation and our knowledge and experience of students with a range of moderate learning difficulties to create a package of approaches aimed at boosting the progress and achievement of all our students. With a particular view to addressing the barriers to educational achievement for our pupil premium students, we have applied strategies to utilise this funding to have the best possible impact. The strategies we have explored and implemented cross a wide range of approaches and have been used creatively to meet the needs of the individual.
If you think that your child/children might qualify for the Pupil Premium please get in touch with us and we can support you in filling out any forms. It will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.
To view and download the latest Pupil Premium Strategy, please click HERE.
To download the Free School Meals Form, please click HERE.
Updated October 2018.